Get an exclusive experience of the Newseum’s collection and mission! A tour guide will personally take you through the Newseum's galleries and studios, sharing stories of the power of the First Amendment and free expression to change the world. See how the Berlin Wall could keep people in – but couldn’t keep the free press out; how a young girl’s protest redefined free speech rights for students; and how a new generation of student leaders launched the sit-in movement, and more.
Each visitor on the tour receives a keepsake "Newseum Private Tour" badge and, when possible, a view of areas not included on the traditional tour path such as our broadcast studios and master control room.
The 90-minute tour is perfect for corporate groups, conference participants, retirement communities, church groups or even families looking for a unique way to add excitement to wedding, birthday, anniversary or other celebrations. We do all we can to make every tour memorable and one-of-a-kind.
*We cannot customize private tours.*
*Same day private tours are not available.*
Private tour options:
- During regular operating hours (9 a.m.to 4 p.m.) Monday-Friday $59.95 (plus tax) per person
- Minimum $300 (plus tax). If your group is fewer than 5 adults, you will be required to pay the minimum.
- Parties of 5 or more, will be charged $59.95 per adult
- Maximum: 100 guests
- After hours (4 to 6 p.m.) and on weekends $89.95 (plus tax) per person
- Minimum $450 (plus tax). If your group is fewer than 5 adults, you will be required to pay the minimum.
- Parties of 5 or more, will be charged $89.95 per adult
- After hours tours must conclude by 6 p.m.
- Maximum: 100 guests
- Youth (age 7 to 18) $34.95 (plus tax) per person
- Minimum $300 (plus tax)
To make a reservation, please click on the “Reserve Your Tour” link below. Note: Reservations must be made, including payment, at least one week in advance. (If you would like a guided tour of the Newseum within the next seven days, please see our First Amendment Highlights Tour schedule.) All dates and times are subject to availability. Same day private tours are not available.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total is due upon reservation. Full payment and final participation numbers are due seven days prior to your scheduled tour.
For more information, please call the Education reservation line at 202/292-6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.