Get even more great free content!
This content contains copyrighted material that requires a free NewseumED account.
Registration is fast, easy, and comes with 100% free access to our vast collection of videos, artifacts, interactive content, and more.
With a free NewseumED account, you can:
- Watch timely and informative videos
- Access expertly crafted lesson plans
- Download an array of classroom resources
- and much more!
- Current Events
Hang that imaginary press badge around your neck, and sharpen your investigative skills – you’re about to become an ace reporter!
Journalists know that the best way to gather facts and tell the story is to ask six guiding questions. These questions are a reporter’s best friend: Who? What? When? Where? How? and Why?
We’ll use six questions to guide you through the big stories in the Newseum. But first, a couple of things:
- Where it says Learn, the guide will give you some new information.
- Where it says Investigate, you will explore the exhibits, read and think.
- Where it says Report Out, you will record an answer to your investigation.
- Where it says Think About and Talk About, your chaperone will lead you in a group discussion, or you will talk with a partner.
- Junior Reporter guidebook (download), one per student