Stop by and see us if you are attending any of these events:
Nov. 17-20 — National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), Atlanta, Ga.
- "Advocacy Amplified Through the First Amendment," joined by three Annenberg-Newseum Summer Institute alum (11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Nov. 18)
Dec. 2-4 — National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS), Washington, D.C.
Register in advance for special events at the Newseum:
- Pre-conference, half-day workshop at the Newseum, "From Clickbait to Content: Tips for Teaching Current Events" (2-6 p.m., Dec. 1)
- President's Reception: This fun-filled evening comes complete with plenty of networking opportunities, activities, gallery tours, Wolfgang Puck catering, and two drink tickets per reservation. Explore the museum's more than 30 exhibits and theaters devoted to the First Amendment.
Visit us in the exhibit hall:
- Receive a FREE Newseum admission ticket when you register for NewseumED.org in booth 520.
Attend a session:
- "The Third Rail: Teaching Controversial Content" (8-9 a.m. Dec. 3, Room 142)
- "Advocacy Amplified Through the First Amendment," co-presenting with an Annenberg-Newseum Summer Institute alum (1:30-2:30 p.m. Dec. 3, Room 144B)
Sept. 23 — South Florida Gifted and Talented Symposium, Pompano Beach, Fla. Presenting only. "Believe It or Not?: Honing Media Literacy Skills" Oct. 9-12 — Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE), Austin, Texas. Exhibiting only. Booth 307. Oct. 24 — The Gannett House Project/First Amendment Museum, Augusta, Maine. Presenting only. "The First Amendment and the Civil Rights Movement" and "Teaching Media Literacy to Digital Natives."