Girl Scout Day at the Newseum 2019
The Newseum invites Girl Scouts to enjoy a special day of events on March 2 created just for them.
Tickets for this day are just $11 per person (scouts, leaders, parents, other family members). Children 6 and under get in free. However, they still need a ticket from the admissions desk. (See Q&A below for additional information.)
Anyone who ordered tickets by Feb. 11 will receive a free commemorative patch (shown above) at check-in. Missed the deadline? No problem. You can still purchase tickets in advance online or on March 2 at the admissions desk for the same discounted rate. There will be forms at the event to order the patch.
Among the fun events planned:
- Show what you know about the Girl Scouts, women’s history and current events in the Newseum’s popular NewsMania game show.
- Race across a giant game board as you play Front Page Frenzy, a game that uses historical front pages featuring accomplishments of famous women.
- BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!! Show off your best singing voice with our popular karaoke “Girl Scouts Sing!”
- Learn how woman suffrage activists used their First Amendment rights to bring attention to their cause in “Votes for Women.”
- Make crafts at the Express Yourself station.
- Bring your camera and capture a selfie with a life-sized cutout of Nellie Bly, a pioneer for women in journalism, or grab a sash and hat and join the 1913 suffrage procession, at our photo op stations.
- Pack your imagination and head off on the Nellie Bly Global Scavenger Hunt in the Newseum’s exhibits. Travel through time to learn about the different ways of communicating, news around the world and the life of journalist Elizabeth Cochrane, aka Nellie Bly.
View our list of frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, contact edu[email protected] or call 202/292-6650.