Tickets for this day are just $11 per person (scout, leader, family member). All kids age 6 and under are free. Order by Feb. 11 and receive a free commemorative patch. Missed the deadline? You can still purchase tickets in advance online or on March 2 at the admissions desk.
Among the fun events planned:
- Show what you know about the Girl Scouts, women’s history and current events in the Newseum’s popular NewsMania game show.
- Race across a giant game board as you play Front Page Frenzy, a game that uses historical front pages featuring accomplishments of famous women.
- BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!! Show off your best singing voice with our popular karaoke “Girl Scouts Sing!”
- Learn how woman suffrage activists used their First Amendment rights to bring attention to their cause in “Votes for Women.”
- Make crafts at the Express Yourself station.
- Bring your camera and capture a selfie with a life-sized cutout of Nellie Bly, a pioneer for women in journalism, or grab a sash and hat and join the 1913 suffrage procession, at our photo op stations.
- Pack your imagination and head off on the Nellie Bly Global Scavenger Hunt in the Newseum’s exhibits. Travel through time to learn about the different ways of communicating, news around the world and the life of journalist Elizabeth Cochrane, aka Nellie Bly.
View our list of frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, contact email@example.com or call 202/292-6650.