Get even more great free content!
This content contains copyrighted material that requires a free NewseumED account.
Registration is fast, easy, and comes with 100% free access to our vast collection of videos, artifacts, interactive content, and more.
With a free NewseumED account, you can:
- Watch timely and informative videos
- Access expertly crafted lesson plans
- Download an array of classroom resources
- and much more!
- Religious Literacy
Benjamin P. Marcus is a fellow and former Religious Literacy Specialist with the Religious Freedom Center of the Freedom Forum Institute, where he examines the intersection of education, religious literacy and identity formation in the United States. He has developed religious literacy programs for public schools, universities, U.S. government organizations, and private foundations in the U.S. and abroad.
- Explain the application of a 6-point framework for religious studies in the classroom
- Apply a method for integrating religious studies into lesson and unit plans.
- “Religious Literacy” by Benjamin Marcus, Religious Freedom Center
- How is the 6-point framework different from other approaches to the study of religion?
- Where could you integrate the study of religion into your curriculum? Given an example of a specific topic and describe how you could use the 5-Is to explore this topic.