One week before the bombing of Pearl Harbor, The Chicago Sun reports on FDR’s predictions that the U.S. might soon enter into war with Japan.
- Normalcy Before Devastation : https://newseumed.org/?p=20794
- Early Reports of Pearl Harbor : https://newseumed.org/?p=20804
- False Reports : https://newseumed.org/?p=20797
- Martial Law Declared : https://newseumed.org/?p=20806
- Maui Paper Calms Fears : https://newseumed.org/?p=20809
- Hawaii Orders Lights Out: https://newseumed.org/?p=20811
- Death Toll Rises : https://newseumed.org/?p=20816
- U.S. Declares War : https://newseumed.org/?p=20820
EDClasses & Training
Request a class or workshop to get personalized instruction from Newseum Education staff.
Dive into specially curated collections of primary sources and lessons on civil rights, women's suffrage and more.
Respond to breaking news and find new ways to teach standard topics with tips from NewseumED staff.
The primary and secondary resources are totally awesome!”Hassan Mims Social Studies, Grades 9-12
The Newseum is a unique experience. It connects real world events to the heart of each individual.”Jane Peterson English, Grade 8
All the content from NewseumED is high quality and fully accessible for my students. That makes it invaluable!”Shay Taylor Education Technology Specialist, Grades 9-12 and college