Get even more great free content!
This content contains copyrighted material that requires a free NewseumED account.
Registration is fast, easy, and comes with 100% free access to our vast collection of videos, artifacts, interactive content, and more.
With a free NewseumED account, you can:
- Watch timely and informative videos
- Access expertly crafted lesson plans
- Download an array of classroom resources
- and much more!
- Media Ethics
- Have students read “Fairness Formula Starts With Accuracy,” by Charles L. Overby.
- Students then should complete the worksheet.
- Have students share their responses and look for similarities and differences in their answers. Is there agreement on good standards?
- “Fairness Formula Starts With Accuracy” and Fairness Formula worksheet (download), one per student
Common Core State Standards: CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.CCRA.R.1Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.