Oh no, you’re missing out on great content!
This content contains copyrighted material that requires a free NewseumED account.
Registration is simple — and comes with full access to videos, artifact, interactives, shareable content, and more.
Once you create a free account, you’ll have access to:
- Videos and Artifacts
- and more!
- Divide students into small groups.
- Have students read the scenario and discuss the options.
- Encourage them to come up with a consensus on the action they’d take.
- Have each group share their decision and explain their reasoning. Did they find other groups’ arguments compelling? Why or why not?
- A Photograph’s Integrity case study handout (download), one per small group
Common Core State Standards: CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.CCRA.SL.1Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
National Council of Teachers of English: NCTE.12Students use spoken, written, and visual language to accomplish their own purposes (e.g., for learning, enjoyment, persuasion, and the exchange of information).